In its latest round of FAQs, the DOL clears up retirement plan advisors’ confusion around 408(b)(2) disclosures and recommendations to increase contributions and plan participation.
Earlier this month, Diana Britton with Wealth Management magazine, reported on the Department Of Labor’s release of a new round of Frequently Asked Questions as it relates to the fiduciary rule. It’s a good read with a link to an additional review of earlier DOL FAQs.
In their explanation of the Fiduciary Ruling, the DOL made clarifying statements on 3 areas:
- Service Provider Disclosure Regulation
- Recommendations to Contribute to a Plan or IRA
- Recommendations on Increasing Plan Participation and Contribution Rates
- For additional reading, please click here for the Wealth Management article.
- Investment News also has a review of the DOL FAQs.